Division of Purchasing
The Department of Administration, Division of Purchasing complies with procurement practices in accordance with the New Jersey Local Public Contracts Law 40:A:11-1 et seq. The Division of Purchasing coordinates the purchase of all goods and services for the City of Trenton. Purchasing is the centralized division through which all City departments must request goods and services, and all vendors must obtain an application to be placed on the bidder’s list. The City of Trenton also uses Affirmative Action initiatives in awarding contracts to minority and female owned businesses within the municipality.
Public Access to Sealed Bids & Requests for Proposals
All sealed bids and requests for proposals are publicly opened in the division of purchasing at 11 am. No bids or proposals will be accepted after this time.
- For further information regarding Purchasing, please call at 609-989-3139.
- For further information regarding contract compliance, please contact Steve Ponella 609-989-3196.
- For information on how to register a business with the New Jersey Department of Treasury, read our informative document (PDF).
- For information about applying for a Business Registration Certificate, visit the State of New Jersey Department of Treasury, you can also call 609-292-9292.
- Affirmative Action Information (PDF)
- Register a Business with the New Jersey Department of Treasury (PDF)
- Use of National Coop (PDF)
- Local Finance Notice 2020-10
- Executive Order 122 (Restrictions on Construction Work)
- Local Finance Notice 2020-18
- Guide to Using NJ Start
- Debarment List for Public Work Contractors and Sub-Contractors