The City of Trenton's Division of Economic Development works to promote business attraction, retention and expansion, with special attention paid to job growth and an increase of city rates.
- Prepare an overall economic development plan (OEDP) for the City.
- Encourage the retention of existing businesses and assist such businesses in securing financing for renovation and expansion.
- Encourage the establishment of new industry and businesses in the City and secure federal and/or state funds to make this possible.
- Coordinate the City's economic development efforts with those of other governmental bodies and agencies.
- Arrange and coordinate City services necessary for economic development projects.
- Prepare data and statistics regarding the City's economy and make analyses and develop recommendations for economic development policies and activities.
- Establish liaison with the Trenton Downtown Association and various commercial associations, including business associations in neighborhood shopping areas.
- Plan and coordinate public improvements in commercial areas and the disposition of land owned by the City, Parking Utility or Redevelopment Agency, if applicable in such areas.