Office of Adult & Family Services

Federal Emergency Management Assistance (FEMA)

Provides financial assistance to Mercer County residents with either one month’s back rent, shelter placement, or first month’s rent. View more information on FEMA.

Alternative Homeless Housing Assistance Program (AHHA)

Provides financial assistance to working families or individuals with either first month and back rent only and Emergency Placement for Trenton residents only. The program does not help with mortgages.

Food, Clothing, & Furniture Referrals

Refer clients seeking emergency food, clothing, and furniture to local agencies.

City Relocation Program

Provides financial assistance to participants whose home has been condemned or claimed inhabitable by City inspectors.

Case Management & Informational Referrals

Provides intensive and comprehensive social services and referrals to other community agencies, which includes:

  • Counseling
  • Educational and occupational training
  • Medical and dental services
  • Mental health counseling
  • Substance abuse

Landlord & Subsidized Housing Network

Liaison between participants and housing referrals. Advocate for participants and provide help to get all necessary documents required to prevent eviction, move in or emergency placement.