- City Clerk
The Municipal Clerk holds one of the most important and exacting positions in municipal government, as outlined in NJSA 40A:9-133.
The City Clerk serves as:
- Secretary of the Municipal Corporation - Maintaining custody of all minutes, books, deeds, bonds, contracts and archival records of the municipal corporation.
- Secretary to the Governing Body -
- Prepares meeting agendas at the discretion of the Governing Body and is present at all meetings of the Governing Body and keeps an official record of the proceedings of every meeting.
- Retain the original copies of all minutes, ordinances and resolutions and maintains custody of all official records not specifically handled by other departments.
- Chief Administrative Officer of all Elections held in the City.
- Chief Registrar of Voters in the City.
- Administrative Officer - Acceptance of applications for Alcoholic Beverage Control, Raffle/Bingo and Business licenses and permits and the issuance of licenses and permits, (except where statute or municipal ordinance has delegated that responsibility to some other municipal officer).
- Records Coordinator and Manager responsible for implementing local archives and records retention programs.