On Friday, September 27, 2019, Trenton Water Works (TWW) notified customers and service-area residents of a possible problem with the drinking water due to malfunctioning equipment at TWW’s central pumping station and were advised to boil tap water before using as a precautionary measure. We are pleased to report that the repairs are complete and subsequent water quality testing shows the water quality to be safe.
The Boil Water Advisory is lifted. It is no longer necessary to boil your water before using.
The following measures are also recommended:
- Run your water faucets for 3-5 minutes to flush your service connection and interior plumbing with water from the service main.
- Empty and clean your automatic ice makers and water chillers.
- Drain and refill your hot water heater if the temperature is set below 113 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Service connections with a water softener/cartridge filters should be run through a regeneration cycle or other procedures recommended by the manufacturer.
- Water reservoirs in tall buildings should be drained and refilled (as applicable).
We apologize for any convenience and thank you for your patience. If you have any questions or comments, Trenton Water Works can be reached at (609) 989-3055.